Skip to content
- Freezing fruit for processing at a later date should be clean and free of debris.
- It should be packed in small, solid lugs or in bags to catch juice when thawing.
- Freeze as quickly as possible (Flash Freeze).
- Thaw the fruit carefully and ensure complete thaw before the processing date.
- Thaw slowly at cool temperatures, no warmer than 4°C.
- Packages or containers should be spread out for faster thawing time.
- Thawing may take several days, this should be taken into account when booking.
- The fruit spoils quickly after thawing and should be processed as soon as possible. Moldy fruit will be turned away.