Mobile Juicing history is a tale of learning, growing and pursuing the path to perfection. The account below is but a scratch on the surface of our whole story. If you find it interesting, lets talk over a glass of juice one day.
April 2012 – Incorporation date
- We Bought some apples to practice our skills. Thank you to the BX Press for allowing us to use their space!
- We ran the pack press (aka rack and cloth) and gravity fed filler at about 300 L/hr. for as many orchards that would have us.
- Growers had to shovel their fruit to the elevator
- We were new to the industry and had a very basic food safe plan, approved by interior health and satisfied the CFIA.
- We got certified by PACS in early September to ensure we could cater to organic growers
- Team Trovato ran the machine full time and devised a plan for more efficient pressing.
- We started working with a new cardboard supplier to make sure the boxes retained their shape, presented well and satisfied client needs
- We also offered custom printing on the boxes.
- We purchased a destoner and a belt press to re-model our machine for increased efficiency (and effectiveness!)
- Bring on the cherries! First Cherry season was a success, we did lots of berries too!
- Hooray for the belt press – @ 500L/hr we are in love, but our pasteurizer can’t keep up. Let’s streamline this whole trailer!
- Sell trailer #1
- Ordered a full Kreuzmayr trailer with a BIN TIPPER, washing elevator, destoner, bigger belt press (750L/hr), a higher capacity pasteurizer (800L/hr) and force-fill bagger!
- Started working with a very reliable cardboard supplier (continued to present day)
- Started selling machines for Kreuzmayr in the North American market
- New trailer arrived late and we missed much of the cherry season!
- New machine lived up to it’s capacity and served everyone well.
- With the force-filler we were able to introduce smaller, pouch style packaging.
- We improved our food safe program to keep up with new BC regulatory requirements and were introduced to the idea of HACCP certification
- Sold more machines for Kreuzmayr…hmmmm
- Incorporated Juicing.Systems, our sister company specializing in Fruit and Beverage Processing Solutions and got the contract for North American Distribution!
- Ran a full cherry season, as well as peaches, apricots and all berries.
- Helping all of our apple juicing and cider clients to our full capacity, time to up our capacity again?
- Sold Trailer #2 and ordered #3 for higher capacity one more time.
- The biggest, baddest of all Mobile Juice trailers arrives!
- Pursued the Post Farm Traceability and Food Safety Program.
- Purchased a storage facility for our ever-increasing packaging requirements as well as office and storage space for Juicing.Systems
- Hired 4 full time staff
- Crushed hundreds of thousands of pounds of stone fruits! Destoning capacity to 5000lb/h
- Pressing capacity to 2000L/hr
- Pasteurizing capacity to 1500L/hr
- Pressed hundreds of thousand of pounds of apples
- Successfully completed the HACCP plan verification audit!
looking forward to more…